Wednesday, January 30, 2008

This is Not Easy

Sometimes in our lives there are people that are close to us that we love, that aren't making the right choices in their lives. This is so hard. As I grow up I realize that this is happening in my life more and more each day. It is so hard to remain hopeful and for me to rest in the fact that God our Father will look after them, no matter what thieir decision. For me to remember that He will not be far from them when they hit the bottom with nothing left. To remember that it is not my job to make their decisions for them, but to just do my best to guide them in the right direction then go on to love and pray for them constantly.

How helpless I feel at this point, as I sit here and see so many of my friends, family, and loved ones are flirting with things in the world that are going to be of no benifit to them in Eternity. What great things they could be part of, what an amazing work they are missing out on. Not just the work of the body of Christ, but the work the Lord wants to do in their very hearts! This, above all, saddens me the most. How amazing it is that the Lord would even choose us, let alone use us, and they do not even acknowledge that.

How my heart is burdened for these who are so dear to me. How many tears I have shed after the endless thoughts and prayers for them. After the sleepless nights in a row worried about them. I wish they could know just how sweet the mercies of the Lord truly are. I believe that if they have really tasted and seen how good He is, that nothing else would ever come in the place of satisfaction apart from Him. Apart from Him not only do we have nothing, we ARE nothing.

Lord Jesus, please capture their attention, use any circumstance you need, just bring them back under the shadow and covering of your wing. How capable you are Lord, of even more than this. How I love you for it and ask that you would grant your grace upon me, and those who's burned you have placed on my heart to carry. Remind me to lift them up at every moment possible, and to never jugde out of any sin that is in my heart. You see us, how much we need You, how far we have fallen short...Oh Father, please have mercy upon us all....

No comments: